The club has introduced an annual league of triathlon, duathlon and aquathlons for 2017.
Adult members (aged 17 and over) take part in at least three events from a list of 12 to be in the running for the club’s annual performance awards.
Club championship places for junior members (aged seven to 16 inclusive) will be based on their positions in the West Midlands Triathlon Series.
The adult races have been chosen to be relatively local and to provide a good mix of distances, terrain and open water or pool swimming.
There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings for both men and women.
Twelve races of various distances have been chosen for inclusion in the club league. Members must compete in at least three races, one of which must be a triathlon, in order to be included in the league. Their best three results count towards their final score. Scores are calculated in comparison with others racing in the same age group so everyone has a chance of winning.
To take part, follow the weblinks to enter and let Wayne Lamb know your result when you’ve finished,
|5 March||Oulton Park Spring Duathlon|
|12 March||Burntwood Spring Aquathlon|
|30 April||BRAT Lichfield Spring Sprint||S (P)|
|25 June||Conwy Llandudno Sea Triathlon||S (OW), O|
|24 /25 June||Cholmondeley Castle Series||S (OW), O, M|
|23 July||Outlaw Triathlon||F|
|30 July||Blithfield Standard Triathlon||O|
|10 September||Derby Triathlon||S (P)|
|10 September||Stoke-on-Trent (Trentham) Triathlon||S (OW) O|
|8 October||Oulton Park Autumn Duathlon|
|5 November||Burntwood Autumn Aquathlon|
S (P) – Sprint Pool; S (OW) – Sprint OW; O – Olympic/standard distance (all open water) M – Middle distance (Half Ironman); F -Full distance (Ironman)
1. All participants must be members of NTC
2. Participants must enter as NTC and be listed as NTC in the race results. Please compete in club kit or use neutral kit if you don’t have club kit. Competing in the name of another club will mean your result will not count for the club championships.
3. You can enter as many races as you like, but at least one must be a triathlon. Your best three results will count. In the event of a tie, your 4th result will count.
4. Scores will be calculated by dividing the age group winner’s time by your time to produce an age graded %. The highest average % score at the end of the year will win. (This also deals with age changes throughout the year if competing in different age groups)
5. Men and women and juniors will compete separately.
In the event of a race being cancelled for 2017 a replacement race will be allocated.