Look out for details of this year’s local inter-club aquathlon later. Last year it was held on Thursday 3 September at Blithfield Reservoir.
NTC has won the trophy for the last three years running, so it’s a great place for our athletes to shine.
The details below are from 2015, but are likely to be similar in 2016.
* There is a map/directions on the Blithfield Sailing Club site, postcode is WS15 3DU
* Car parking will be in the field opposite the Site Office (first building on right as you enter the site)
* Last registration will be at 6.30pm in the Sailing Club
* Briefing will begin at 6.45pm
* The race will start at 7pm
* Entry fee £5 each
* 750m swim – entrance exit 50m down from sailing club & transition will be by the boats on the grassland & a 5km run on undulating single track/pathways to the causeway and back, keeping left at all times. Return to finish line, keep in order of finishing and collect a numbered band. The band will be given to your allocated NON RACING club official to do the scoring
* Email Julia: email@example.com by Sunday 31 August (latest) if you would like to compete. Please state your D.O.B.
* The first 4 Vet Male s(40+), 4 Senior Vets & 2 Women count from each club
* 14 years old will be the youngest age permitted as it is a mass start
The awards will take place in the Sailing Club bar where there will be alcohol/soft drinks on sale open from 4:30/ 5pm onwards.