Triathlon England West Midlands Region Junior Series 2018
NTC encourages juniors to take part in the West Midlands series. The series will form the club championships for juniors in 2018.
The races are listed on the British Triathlon website and instructions are given on their web page.
Tristar start are excluded from the West Midlands Junior series. However, we have included the Tristar Start in our junior club championships and will use the same scoring system as the TriStar 1-Tristar 3 West Midlands race series.
Why the West Midlands Race Series?
The West Midlands Series junior races are all British Triathlon Federation permitted, this gives you assurance that:
• The event has the appropriate insurances in place.
• The organiser is taking appropriate measures to ensure you child’s safety.
• The event is run in accordance with British Triathlon Competition Rules.
West Midlands Race Series 2018
• TS1-TS3 – 5 highest scores of which a maximum of 2 can be aquathlons.
• Youth – 4 highest scores to count towards ranking of any combination of events (there are no aquathlons in the youth series).
Junior Race Distances
• Age groups are based on the age as at 31st December in the year of the competition.
|TRIATHLON||Pool Swim||Open Water Swim||Cycle – Grass||Cycle – Tarmac||Run|
|TriStar Start (age 8)||50m||100m||1km||1500m||600m|
|TriStar 1 (ages 9-10)||150m||200m||2km||4km||1200m|
|TriStar 2 (ages 11-12)||200m||300m||4km||6km||1800m|
|TriStar 3 (ages 13-14)||300m||500m||6km||8km||2400m|
• Youths (age 15–16) may take part in events up to and including sprint distance. Written parental consent is required.
• Junior B (age 17–18) may compete in events up to and including standard distance.
• Junior C (age 18-19) may compete in events including middle distance (age 18) and long distance (age 19).
Any queries please contact email@example.com.